Sunday, June 20, 2021
Music: James Garcia and Team
Host: Brian Morgan
Message: Sharon Coleman
Can Faith and Fear Coincide?
Welcome to PBCC
We are glad you joined us today!
We gather in worship to remind ourselves who God is, what he has done in Christ and what he is doing through his Spirit. Our desire is to praise God and receive afresh his Spirit in us, to affirm that we are family reconciled one to another and to be empowered to reach out to the world.
Call to Worship: Psalm 145:5-9 (adapted from The Message and ESV)
O Father, generation after generation stands in awe of your work;
each one tells stories of your mighty acts.
Your beauty and splendor have everyone talking,
and composing songs on your wonders.
Your marvelous doings are headline news;
I could write a book full of the details of your greatness.
The fame of your goodness spreads across the country;
your righteousness is on everyone’s lips.
The Lord is gracious and merciful—
slow to anger and abounding in everlasting love.
The Lord is good to one and all;
and his compassion is over all that he has made. Amen
Mighty To Save
Psalm 23 (Responsive Reading)
Next Sunday – Jerry Tu will be teaching from Nehemiah 3 and Ephesians 4
Scripture Reading: Romans 8:31-39 (MSG)
So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn’t hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn’t gladly and freely do for us? And who would dare tangle with God by messing with one of God’s chosen? Who would dare even to point a finger? The One who died for us—who was raised to life for us!—is in the presence of God at this very moment sticking up for us. Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ’s love for us? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in Scripture:
They kill us in cold blood because they hate you.
We’re sitting ducks; they pick us off one by one.
None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I’m absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God’s love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us.
Tithes and Offerings
Sermon Text: Habbakuk 1-3 (NIV)
Habakkuk’s 1st Question / Complaint 1:2-4
God’s Response 1:5-11
Habakkuk’s 2nd Question / Complaint 1:12-2:1
God’s Response 2:2-20
Habakkuk’s Psalm 3:1-19
Praise & Prayer Requests
Praise God for…
- PBCC and for all those who went before it.
- your prayers for a teen earlier suspected of being under the influence of a bad actor. They have been at home these past 15 months, studying hard. Thanks be to God.
- answered prayer. I asked you to pray for help to love my mother and daughters to the fullness in Christ, even in the face of all our past and ongoing sin. I got the help. Also, it’s been a wild ride, but we’ve all grown a lot! PTL.
Please pray for…
- God’s ultimate healing from very serious heart rate problems and acute health problems after a corrupt facility’s harmful lies, misrepresentation and deception.
- total healing from the cursing and criticism from someone. Pray for God’s rescue from satan’s trap and for finding Christian friends I can pray with.
- God’s deliverance for me after an abusive medical situation and to be assigned a different hospital staff member. Pray for relief from my binge eating and depression, and to experience God’s blessings during this time.
- salvation for an elderly man who appeared to be homeless but not begging. Instead, he was straightening grocery carts and removing trash from them.
- a woman whose daughter died suddenly in an out-of-state hospital. Pray that her granddaughter will not be taken to another state by her father who was estranged from her mother.
|General Fund 12 month average||$219,171||$169,906||$49,265|