A Conversation on Race
Recent events have aroused the topic of race and racial injustice. But this time it seems different: the protests are larger, white participation is greater, and the national conversation is more urgent. We have started our own conversation at PBCC.
Each episode has followed the same three-part format: a talk by Bernard Bell, sharing of stories and/or presentation by PBCC family and friends, and a Q&A session. All episodes are available on our PBCC YouTube channel.
Episode 4: Sunday, April 18, 2021
- Who Cares? by Bernard Bell: talk, slides (pdf).
- San Francisco’s Chinatown: Kathy Leong, who wrote the text accompanying Dick Evan’s photographs in a beautiful coffee table book San Francisco’s Chinatown (2020) chinatownbooksf.com.
Episode 3: Sunday, November 15, 2020
- Racial Reconciliation and Unity by Bernard Bell: talk, slides (pdf).
- Us and Them: Challenges and Hope by Rob Barrett of The Colossian Forum
- Talk on Why Should We Care? by Bernard Bell: talk (pdf), no slides.
- My Story by Steve McGriff
Episode 1: Sunday, July 12, 2020